These microphone cupcakes are creatively made from ice cream cones and cake mix then decorated to look like a microphone. Microphone cake cones are just want a tween (or maybe even an adult) would love who enjoys music.
Here is a great microphone cupcakes recipe
You Will Need:
- a store bought cake mix
- 2 can 16 oz. each vanilla frosting
- a few drops of black food coloring
- 24 ice cream cones
- 1 cup edible silver dragees
- 24 pieces ( 6 inches each) black licorice
How To Do It:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the cake mix according to the box directions. Line (2) 24 mini-muffin tins with liners and fill with 1 tbsp. of batter. Bake until set approximately 12 minutes rotating the pans halfway through cooking time. Let cool, then remove from pans and toss the liners.
- Mix the food coloring into frosting until it turns a grayish color. Use a sharp knife to trim off the domed cupcake tops. Spread some frosting around the inner rim of the cones to use as a glue to hold the cupcakes in place. Place 1 cake right side up and frost the top. Now place on the second cake trim side down and frost the top.
- Working over a bowl, coat the cupcakes with the dragees. Now poke a hole in the bottom of the cone with a toothpick to a hold the licorice piece stick in the hole.
A video tutorial on how to make cupcakes in ice cream cones, then decorate as desired to look like the microphone
Microphone Cake Toppers